Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ikea Ordning Timer as a Time Lapse Tool!

I've tried to find a low cost method of doing motion time lapse videos with my GoPro HD Hero 2 and have seen many videos on Youtube on how to make an inexpensive timer. Most of them require you to take apart a timer and mount a 1/4"x20 screw. I really didn't think that was such a good idea and looked for a nicer, easier answer. I found it in an Ikea Ordning timer.

It has a nice flat top so you can either stick on a quick release mount or simply sit the GoPro right on top of the timer. You simply twist the top of the timer to a desired time and the unit slowly returns to "0".

Here's a couple of quick sample videos I've made you. The first one was captured at 1/2 second intervals and stitched in Google's Picasa software.


I just assembled the second one now so here it is!

More later,
Ambrose


No comments:

Post a Comment