Monday, January 23, 2012

Clone Sony ECM-DS70P microphone with right angle adapter

I thought I would post a picture of my clone Sony ECM-DS70P stereo microphone connected to my GoPro HD Hero 2 via it's stereo microphone input. I used a Radio Shack right angle 1/8" or 3.5mm adapter. With the adapter, the microphone is oriented in the right way and should produce an accurate stereo sound stage. I'll post some samples later on.

To make it work with the GoPro in it's polycarbonate case, would require some drilling!


3 comments:

  1. Great idea ! I've just ordrerd one just as yours ! Wonder how it will fit with the skeleton houssing.. Nice blog Ambrose !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should work with the skeleton case since there's a cutout where the microphone input is located.

    ReplyDelete