Thursday, December 22, 2011

Microphone Test 6 GoPro HD Hero 2 with a $3.50 PC Clip On Microphone

I tried out another microphone I received. I bought it on eBay for around $3.50 shipped. It's a small clip-on corded microphone that says it's stereo, but as you will be able to tell, is mono. You can find them here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=3.5mm+Stereo+Mini+Lapel+Clips+Microphone
or
http://goo.gl/w2DjR

For what it costs, it could be a good microphone for a lavalier situation you may have. Perhaps in doing microphone reviews! :-)


I realized that I should probably switch to something less than the wide mode for these reviews since it tends to distort the image a bit.

The microphone obviously has some handling noise, that's because I had the clip resting against the microphone so any movement of the clip was picked up by the mic. You should isolate the clip from the mic element if you plan on using this. A twist tie or a bit of tape would do the trick.

I have one more microphone on it's way so...

More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment