Friday, January 27, 2012

Ikea Ordning Panning Timer for Time Lapse Videos

I've previously posted about using an Ikea Ordning timer as a panning tool. However, I needed to finish the project by adding a GoPro Flat Adhesive Mount to the top of the Ordning as well as drill a hole in the bottom and add a 1/4-20 adapter so that I can mount it on a tripod. I did this last night and here's the result. I mounted it on my little Ultrapod folding tripod.


The Ikea Ordning certainly matches the GoPro HD Hero 2 in the looks department and it almost looks as if it was made specifically for it!

The GoPro sits on top perfectly and the timer has a nice bell in it that chimes when it returns back to "0".


The little tripod adapter that I used was made of aluminum so the flanges broke off when I tried screwing it into the Ordning. However, it still functions perfectly.

I took these with my iPad so the quality is low. Sorry. You still get the idea, right? :)

Here's a sample timelapse I took last night. That's me trying to take photos of it.


More later!
ambrose



2 comments:

  1. This is GREAT!! Where did you find the 1/4-20 adapter? I'm trying to make this same setup.... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little adapter is from my local camera store. It's called the "Promaster 3/8" to 1/4" Tripod thread adapter (3 pack). It's available at Amazon, but the shipping is more than the adapters!

    ReplyDelete