Monday, December 12, 2011


I finally had a few minutes to try and make a camera frame for the GoPro HD Hero 2 camera today using The Frugal Filmmaker's idea for a PVC camera stabilizer. I had already bought all the PVC parts I needed except for the 1/2" PVC pipe , which I thought I had on hand already. However, I quickly realized that I actually had 3/4" pipe instead and only one 2 foot length of 1/2" PVC! Here's what I was able to do...

Here's the incomplete 1/2" rig.


Here's how it looks completed in 3/4" PVC which I had on hand.


Here's what they look like next to each other. The 3/4" model looks much tougher and sturdier. I think it would be perfect for an SLR rig!


Oh, if you're wondering how the GoPro looks with the FF Rig, here it is!

From the looks of it, I may need to downsize this rig in order to make it a bit more practical for the GoPro!

More later,
Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment