Friday, March 11, 2011

Mounting a GoPro HD on your dSLR

I've always wanted to mount my GoPro on top of my dSLR so that I could take videos of my photography. Silly, isn't it?!?

I saw this on eBay and wanted to give it a try. It's very inexpensive and does a nice job.

1/4x20 Hot Shoe Mount

There are two version of this mount. One with one locknut and the other with two. I opted for the two version since it allows you to lock the mount to the camera and the GoPro to the mount.

Here's what it looks like mounted on my Canon 30D.

I'll post some video taken with this mount shortly.

More later!
Ambrose

5 comments:

  1. got the same, but not in anodized black... yours is nicer!
    the sound is a little bit strange while shooting, but OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where and from whom on eBay did you get the "two version locknut?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wave,

    If you click the link in my post, (http://goo.gl/4ODUw) you'll see that there are single and double locknut versions.

    Here's a direct link to a double-nut one. Of course, if it's sold, the link will eventually die! http://goo.gl/XTrH1

    Ambrose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ambrose,

    Is it the one for $4.90 or $14.95? Seems to be quite a price variation. No matter, just curious. Also, is the attachment metal or hard plastic?

    Thanks, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! In order to keep the dslr's lens out of the shot, i mount my camcorder underneath the dslr, like this: http://vimeo.com/27676309#
    :)

    ReplyDelete